Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, it is officially official. I am starting Capernaum in Fayetteville next year!
How do I know that this is exactly what the Lord wants me to do? because I cannot imagine doing anything else. because, when I think about it, my heart smiles (and I usually tear up.) and because the enemy has been so present trying to get me to chicken out. But my God is bigger. He is bigger than nightmares, and doubts, and unsupportive people in my life. This is what He wants and He will make it happen.
Talking to Robyn yesterday, there is only one thing standing in the way and that is that I need a partner. Right now, I'm the only one wanting to be dedicated to this ministry, and that's just not how YL works.
I am praying unceasingly that the Lord will provide someone who's heart is in Capernaum. I ask that you would be praying, too.
I know that God is faithful and I know that He will not leave me to fend for myself. But His timing is not mine, and I am not altogether a patient person.
God is good. and He is good to those who love Him.


"On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, "Let us go across to the other side." And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. But he was in the stern, asleep on the cusion. And they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?" And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. He said to them, "Why are you so afraid? have you still no faith?" And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, "Who is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?" -Mark 4:35-41

I feel like the disciples at this point. Jesus made a promise. He said to them 'Let's go to the other side.' They were going to make it. But the disciples doubted and didn't have faith that the Lord was looking out for their good.
Why am I so afraid? Have I still no faith? Even the wind and the sea obey Him. who am I to question His authority? or worry that He might not get things done?

"I had said in my alarm, "I am cut off from your sight." But you heard hte voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to you for help." -psalm 31:22

"Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." -psalm 143:8 

"Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame." -psalm 25:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment