Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Eucharisteo

Eucharisteo- thankfulness

There is a book called "One Thousand Gifts" it's all about how beautiful life is.
March 2011 I decided to make my own list of 1000 things that "make my heart smile."
Almost a year and a half later and I have 485 things on that list.

I realize that after my last post a lot of y'all probably thought that I absolutely hated my life.
And that's just not true.
Am I in an extremely difficult place right now? absolutely.
Am I struggling? definitely.
But I am still so blessed. And I'm so thankful. for everything.

53. Sun shine-y Saturdays
58. Drinking milk out of coffee cups

Ann Voskamp says in her book, "with memories of gravestones, of combing fingers through tangled hair, I wonder too...if the rent in the canvas of our life backdrop, the losses that puncture our world, our own emptiness, might actually become places to see. To see through to God. That which tears open our souls, those holes that splatter our sight, may actually become the thin, open places to see through the mess of this place to the heart-aching beauty beyond. To Him. To the God whom we endlessly crave."

131. How laying down makes people laugh differently
145. The sound my grandpa makes when he drops something
181. Rain when the sun shines
186. When the song you've been wanting to hear comes on the radio

The thing is this: sometimes life doesn't work out the way we want it to, or the way we think it should.
But life with the Lord is an adventure.
To dwell on the past, or the future, or a "plan" means missing this very moment. And in this moment, there is so much to be thankful for!

240. Dreaming about Capernaum
257. Raul from Chick-fil-a
374. Sunshine on my face

"Perspective--how we see.
...and I won't shield God from my anguish by claiming He's not involved in the ache of this world and Satan prowls but he's a lion on a leash and the God who governs all can be shouted at when I bruise, and I can cry and I can howl and He embraces the David-hearts who pound hard on His heart with their grief and I can moan deep that He did this--and He did. I feel Him hold me--a flailing child tired in Father's arms. And I can hear Him soothe soft, "Are your ways My ways, child? Can you eat My manna, sustain on My mystery? Can you believe that I tenderly, tirelessly work for the best good of the whole world--because My flame of love for you can never, ever be quenched?"

461. Stopping to watch the sun set over the Arkansas river on the way home from leader weekend
467. The first EVER Capernaum club
471. Using the clothes line to dry my clothes

It's a beautiful thing that I don't have to hide my hurt from the Lord. And it's even more beautiful that when I am hurting, He gives me reasons to rejoice.

479. Carnival night at Young Life camp
480. Dallas leading a prayer for the first time 
485. Thomas telling me he wanted to be a Young Life leader
 

No comments:

Post a Comment