Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

So, all last week I was fasting. What for? Because I wanted answers. I have so many questions about my future...and my present. So I decided to fast in order that I might heart the Lord's voice more clearly.
Diet Coke is an addiction, to say the least. So I gave up all beverages other than water and all meat.
What did God tell me during this week of fasting? That i should drop out of college? That I am never going to be married? That I should major in something easy so I don't lose my scholarship and have to go to community college in Oklahoma?
No. He told me none of these things.
For a while, it felt like He wasn't telling me anything at all. Tuesday through Thursday were terrible days. Lack of caffeine combined with heightened frustration about EVERYTHING equaled an on edge, tense, mad at the world Kaitlyn. If possible, God's voice felt more silent than before. But still, I soldiered on. I wanted answers. Perhaps more than anything I had wanted in a while, I felt like I needed to know every step I was going to take these next few days/months/years.
Some of you will know where this is going...
It was only today, the day that I could finally break my fast, that God spoke to me.
His answer? Trust me.
Not a detailed description of how my life was going to play out. but trust. Trust that He had it under control. Which comforts me more than any physical, practical, step-by-step answer would have.
I am at the will of the most powerful being that has ever existed, exists now or will exist. He is sovereign, and He is good. And my future is at His mercy.
Scary? yes. Worth it? definitely.


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment